Federated Querying across Apache Iceberg, Apache Hudi, Apache Hive, Delta Lake, Apache Paimon, JDBC based Database and others with StarRocks
Some additional information in one line
Publish date: Aug 18, 2023 10:49:26 AM
A question that I get often is whether or not StarRocks supports federated querying. In short, StarRocks does. StarRocks allows you to add external catalogs and external tables so you can query them.
- Apache Iceberg + StarRocks: https://docs.starrocks.io/en-us/latest/data_source/catalog/iceberg_catalog
- Apache Hudi + StarRocks: https://docs.starrocks.io/en-us/latest/data_source/catalog/hudi_catalog
- Apache Hive + StarRocks: https://docs.starrocks.io/en-us/latest/data_source/catalog/hive_catalog
- Delta Lake + StarRocks: https://docs.starrocks.io/en-us/latest/data_source/catalog/deltalake_catalog
- JDBC based database like mySQL, postgreSQL and any other database that supports JDBC connections + StarRocks: https://docs.starrocks.io/en-us/latest/data_source/catalog/jdbc_catalog
- ElasticSearch + StarRocks: https://docs.starrocks.io/en-us/latest/data_source/catalog/elasticsearch_catalog
- Apache Paimon + StarRocks: https://docs.starrocks.io/en-us/latest/data_source/catalog/paimon_catalog
Another question that gets asked is if we support querying across catalogs and YES WE DO. So you can query across Apache Iceberg and Apache Hudi catalogs within the same SQL statement. We also have plans to enhance this capability by adding materialized views across data catalogs so watch this space.