What does it cover?
What information do we collect and how?
We collect information and data from you in two ways. First, we collect information you manually provide to us, including registration information like your name and email address. Second, we collect information automatically from your use of our Sites, including how and when our Sites are used.
Information you submit or make available.
If you create an account through our Sites to utilize the forums, we may ask, and in some cases require, you to enter certain personal data such as your name, email address, phone number, physical address, gender, job title, job role, company name, company size and other information relating to your proposed use of our forum. You will know which data categories you provide to us, because you will affirmatively enter and submit the data.
Information we collect about your use of our Sites.
When you use our Sites, your device automatically generates and provides data to us. We collect and use such data to help us to understand how you are using our Sites, and how to better provide those Sites to you.
How do we use the information we collect from you?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide, maintain, improve and update the Sites, and our services;
- to develop new products and services;
- for account management; for example, to identify your account and correctly identify your usage of our products and services;
- to investigate security issues, prevent fraud, or combat the illegal use of our products and services;
- to support you and respond to your questions, comments, and requests, including to keep in contact with you regarding the products and services you use;
- to tailor and send you newsletters, emails and other content to promote our products and services (either by following the unsubscribe instructions in the communication you receive or by sending an email with the subject “Unsubscribe Request” to firstname.lastname@example.org) and to allow third-party partners (like our event sponsors) to send you marketing communications about their services, in accordance with your preferences;
- to generate and analyze statistical information about how our Sites are used in the aggregate;
- where StarRocks otherwise has a legitimate interest or lawful business purposes;
- where required by applicable law, legal process, or government regulation; or
- where you have given consent.
How do we share your information?
We may share your personal data with third parties as follows:
- with our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- with businesses and service providers that help us conduct our business, subject to confidentiality obligations and the requirement that those businesses and service providers do not sell your personal data;
- with our trusted partners such as with third-party partners who are working with us to organize or sponsor an event to which you have registered to enable them to contact you about the event or their services but only where we have a lawful basis to do so (such as your consent where required by applicable law);
- to identify your public contributions; for example, if you create a pull request on GitHub;
- when necessary to deliver our products and services;
- where you have instructed us to share your personal data, such as to provide you with support;
- when authorized by law or necessary to comply with a legal process;
- when required to protect and defend the rights or property of StarRocks, our customers, vendors or other users of our Sites, including the security of our Sites, products and services;
- when necessary to protect the personal safety, property or other rights of the public, StarRocks or our customers or employees;
- where you have consented to the sharing of your information with third parties; or
- in connection with a sale or reorganization of all or part of our business.
What rights do you have over your information?
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal data and we will respect the choices you make. Where you have consented to StarRocks’ processing of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting [email@example.com] with the subject “Withdraw Consent”. Please note that if you decide not to provide us with your personal data, you may not be able to access certain features of the Sites.
Opt Out of Certain Communications.
Rights of Access, Modification, Deletion and Restriction of Your Information.
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, and certain other legal jurisdictions, you may have certain rights in relation to certain of your personal data. Those rights may include asking us to provide information (including categories of sources), access, export, modification, deletion, or to restrict processing of certain of your personal data. If you wish to exercise these rights:
- and you are an individual user of a customer account, please route your request through the appropriate customer and ask that the administrator of the account send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Data Subject Request”. Please note that we cannot process your request directly, as your information is controlled by that Subscriber, and we do not directly have a relationship with you;
- and you believe we have your personal data for some other reason, including if you registered for our forum, please contact us at email@example.com with your request with the subject “Other Personal Data Request” and please provide as much information as you can regarding your request so we can properly resolve it.
StarRocks may take certain steps to verify requests submitted using information available to us, including your email address and any information associated with your account. Where allowed, we may ask you to provide your government identification to verify your account. Personal data you provide to us for verification will only be used to verify and maintain records regarding your request.
We will endeavor to promptly respond to your request. Although StarRocks makes good faith efforts to provide users of our Sites with access to their personal data, there may be circumstances in which StarRocks is unable to provide access including but not limited to: where the information is legally privileged, would compromise the privacy or other legitimate rights of others, where the burden or expense of providing the information would be disproportionate to the risks to the user’s privacy in the case in question, where the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or where the information is proprietary. If you request deletion of your personal data, please note that we may continue to retain certain of your personal data in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required or allowed by law.
How long do we store your information?
What steps do we take to secure your Information?
StarRocks considers protecting the security of your data to be its number one responsibility. StarRocks encrypts communications you make with our Sites, for example, entering your username and password or information into forms, using TLS (transport layer security) or other industry standard technologies. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure or safe. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
What about international data transfer?
StarRocks may transfer your personal data to countries other than the one from which you provide it to us. Specifically, if you are located outside the United States and provide your personal data to us, we may transfer your personal data to the United States and process it there, subject to the following safeguards:
- StarRocks’ commitments under the Privacy Shield are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the United States Federal Trade Commission. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program and to view our certification, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website here.
What about third party services?
Do we collect children’s data?
StarRocks products and services are not directed to children under 18 years of age and StarRocks does not knowingly collect personal data from children under 18 years of age. If we learn that we have collected any personal data from children under 18 years old, we will promptly take steps to delete such information. If you are aware that a child has submitted us such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Child Data”.
How can you contact us?